Monday, March 27, 2017

Natural Light Portraits

I don't have the Meta data for this shoot because it won't pull up on this computer for some reason. But all of the shots were taken on a 55 mm lens with a telephoto attatchment. ISO was changed between 400 and 100 depending on lighting. And mostly f/16 but a few were taken at f/5.2 to drop the background. Shutter speed was typically 100 but was boosted and lowered for different shots.

A problem I had with shooting Jiselle is how to capture who she is. She is strong and determined yet fun loving and depending on the moment of day when you encounter her you can get a whole different vibe then from another moment. I chose to have her expressions be natural and not dictated. The only thing I asked was that her eyes come back to camera. Her eyes can be dark, but when the light hits them just right you can get a catch light and it brightens up the brown. 
One concept I wanted to use was the fountain as a foreground. With the stress of being a senior and trying to graduate weighing heavily on our minds I thought this would show the chaos of graduation and how it seems chaotic but is actually harmless much like the fountain. But I ran into problems with my lens not being long enough and my focus pulling back and forth as well as the distance making it hard to communicate with Jiselle. These are cropped frames out of a much wider frame. If I were to re-visit this concept I would use a much longer lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment